BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Art of James Christensen...

"All the World's a Stage", by James Christensen How many Shakespearean characters can you find?


I cannot express to you how much I LOVE the artwork of James Christensen. He is completely amazing. I had the chance to meet him once when I worked at the Homestead (there was a conference and he was the guest speaker), but I gave myself quite the little (ok big) panic attack (about meeting him) and couldn't go down to meet him... THEN, he just released a book called "Men and Angels".

I decided that I NEEDED to own this book. He was doing book signings and I was going to go and meet him and express that I love his work and I think he is completely amazing and that I - well, I don't know but just something. And of course, the night he was going to be near me was the night of Jeremiah's company's Christmas Party. And we went there instead....


BUT - I have an amazing little sister
. Not that she will ever read this, but if you see her, tell her that she is amazing for me. Colleenia got off work at 7pm. The book signing in Fruit Heights (like 20 minutes from her house) got over at 8pm. I told her that I would love her forever and really, really appreciate her if she could go and get me this book - signed. By him. So instead of feeding her little family dinner first, she packed them all in the car and drove to Fruit Heights and bought me my $85 + tax book (ok, I DID pay her back for that, but still) and she even had him sign it to ME! :) It was simple because she didn't know what to have him say, so he just wrote his own little thing -
For Mandy
Peace and Blessings

James Christensen

2.0.0.8


James Christensen - FANTASTIC ARTIST MAN! :)

And his signature - just as artsy as his beautiful paintings! :) :) So I'm a giddy little girl because I just got my gigantic, wonderful book from James Christensen (thanks Colleenia for getting it; thanks dad for bringing it down to me; thanks Jeremiah for letting me get myself a great Christmas gift that I got to look at early).

If you are not familiar with his work - look him up. You won't be disappointed. Like I said - he's amazing. Below are a few of his more well known pieces. Click on them and make them bigger - do searches on GOOGLE for them - whatever. Just check him out. Enjoy! :)

Once Upon a Time

Men and Angels

Faery Tales

The Burden of the Responsible Man

Three Kings

Parables

The Bride

Balancing Act

If you find this blog by chance, Mr. Christensen, please know - I love your art. Thank you for sharing your wonderful, amazing, great talent
.

2 comments:

Michelle D. Argyle said...

I have friends who know James well, and have a bit of his original works. Luck them, huh!

So glad you got that book! That's awesome! I need to come by and look at it. His work really is amazing.

the Lola Letters said...

Wow, that "Men and Angels" one is amazing. My favorite.

I've never heard of him before. I should go ahead and crawl out of my hole every once in a while!