BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Primary :)

I love my calling. I'm the 1st Counselor in the Primary in my LDS ward. I love that I get to work with such amazing and strong women. I LOVE the kids in the ward. I KNOW that I am where I should be in my life. Does anyone else get that feeling?

Sometimes I wonder if I should have gone a different route earlier in my life. Like maybe I should have gone to school to be a teacher. Or maybe I should have worked at a Daycare. Or maybe I should have been a stay at home mom starting with my boys - not just after Robyn was born and we couldn't 'afford' me to work any more.

Primary is where I needed to be to help me to realize a few things.
*I should have gone to church more as a child.
*My kids are actually learning this - even when I think they aren't paying attention!
*Kids are smart.
*Going to church brings me peace.
*I like going to church.
*I needed to learn the gospel at a kids level. It makes me feel less lost.

I wonder if Colleenia just needs a calling in Nursery or Primary. She could do it, you know. She would learn the gospel from the beginning, too (which I have been doing for the last few years). She could get the support from those around her. I know that because I go to church, I know more people and have been getting more support from strangers than she is. And she needs religious support. She is great with kids. She just needs someone to reach out to her and pull her in.

That's what happened to me. :) My neighbor (who I would go walking with) was in the Primary Presidency in my ward. They needed a Secretary. I went to a Primary Party at their house. The next day, I had a calling. My prayers of Jeremiah getting a calling so that our family would go to church was answered by ME getting a calling, learning the gospel at a level I needed and having great friends and a HUGE support system...

God works in mysterious ways. Good ways.

1 comments:

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

Congrats on your new calling it is amazing how everything works out.