BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 4, 2010

How do you scare the daylights out of Mandy?

Park a fire truck and an ambulance in front of her house and another fire truck and ambulance across the street from her house!

I picked up Archer from Preschool today at around 11:30am-ish. We took our time coming home because we took an Archer short cut -which means the long way- home. When I come around the turn down by DarTanion's school, I see firetrucks and ambulances with their lights on down the street. I didn't move over into the other lane because my house was right there... When I got to the stop light by my house, I saw that they were parked in FRONT of my house. There are cones blocking my driveway and everything! I stop in the road right by one of the cones and ask if everything is okay and tell them that it's MY house that they are parked in front of! The guy who came over said not to worry, my house is fine. He then explained that a former Fire Chief had passed away and that his funeral procession would be traveling by shortly and that they were doing this to honor him. They raised both ladders into the shape of an 'X' in the sky.

Archer, Robyn and I went outside so that they could see the fire trucks. They opened the doors and showed Archer the insides of the truck. He thought it was pretty cool, but didn't dare get too close. I tried to get a picture of him in front of it, but the kid wouldn't stand still. He actually ran back into our house! I went inside and took some pictures from Robyn's window. I called our neighbors to tell them and we all met out in front of the fire trucks. We had a lot of excited little boys outside. :)


It's a really neat way to be honored, but to be honest, I'm just glad that my house wasn't burning down while I was picking up Archer from school! :)

1 comments:

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

That would scare me to death too!